Cahaba Valley Fire & EMR District
2021 Special Election
Updated: August 20, 2021
Status of election: Shelby County Probate Judge ordered the election to be held on Aug. 31, 2021
When is the election?
Where is the election being held?
Who can vote?
What will the additional funds be used for?
What major changes are being proposed in this election?
- Increases number of available ambulances available to the District. Click to see CBS 42 Article on ambulance shortages in Central Alabama Click to see ABC 33/40 article on ambulance shortages
- Increases the department’s Effective Response Force on critical incidents (Number of personnel available to respond)
- Increased staffing decreases the number of times units are unavailable for calls. (Currently 83 times per month multiple calls are dispatched simultaneously.)
- Reduces response times district wide
- Reduces amount of time to put the proper number of firefighters on scene, which reduces proper damage.
Click link to view PDF—> CVFD Strategic Plan
Petition for Election
Exhibit "A" Proposed Schedule of Service Charges
Probate Order for Election
Appointment of Poll Workers